Friday, January 14, 2011

Imperfect is the best thing happened to me.

Dear Public,

My apologies for staying away from you for so long, but an apology should have a nod above excuses.

The thing which runs on my mind is an off league to my style of writing. People who know me or spent time with me know that I can go crazy over witty issue to prove myself correct ranging from water drinking competition to driving Scorpio so fast that people vomit to spending sleepless nights for a silly 10 marks assignment to working non-stop for over 40 hours.

What goes in my mind is that I can go very often go to extremes to prove my point and to prove that I am near perfect.

But later I realized that I have a big chunk of imperfectness within me and perhaps this imperfectness is the best thing which has happened to me.

In one of the meeting we brainstormed to reach nothing but the very best on world standards, but the direction of the meeting all changed when it was said that the perfect requirement is an end state and the termination of urge to reach a destination fades off. People work better with targets in mind & sight, it’s not important how far or how close it is, it even does not matter how easy or tough is it going to be to achieve it; what matters that there has to be a target, the end state which I would now call as the perfect state.

This lessons of imperfectness comes from all directions, one should not bogged down too much with them but rather filter it with the ones for which you really would like to be called imperfect. Once the imperfectness is seen then it’s all fun working against it, ripping it apart and giving it a fight which it wouldn’t have imagined in its worst nightmares. The charm is in identifying the correct imperfectness and then working against it.

So as I said earlier, this imperfectness is the best thing which has happened to me. It has pushed me far from my cozy & warm safety cocoon to an all new world of unseen issues, unparalleled adversities and fostered every time to new avatar, what remained constant is the Shashwat Instincts.

Ending the article abruptly to keep you unanswered so that trickles your brain.

Isn’t this article imperfect? Keep thinking…

Yours luvingly,

Shashwat K. Mitra

Nine eight eight one seven two six nine one five

2 comments:

  1. Call me, mail me, msg me, but tell me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think, our imperfection may contribute to its own perfection.here the question arises "why?"
    you will get the answer yourself, just imagine, you are living in a perfect world, where the needs of everyone is fully satisfied.can you call that society a perfect society? a big "NO". Just because you will be fed up of that boring society without facing challenges to accomplish. now, this perfection will get converted into imperfection.and Again this boredom and dissatisfaction would allow people to be innovative & creative.I mean this is continuous cycle.Without IMPERFECT, we would not be able to enjoy those perfect moments in our lives.
    At the end, it would only depend on our perception.

    ReplyDelete